Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Neither Quantity Nor Quality

So, as promised, I took my camera to the house to take pictures of the new flooring, which at this point is about 65% installed.  Unfortunately, when I got home and loaded the photos on my computer, they just looked really crummy.  I'm posting them anyway, but they just don't do the flooring justice, because in reality it looks really nice.  Plus, especially in the student rooms, the carpet really brings together the new wall paint colors.  I'll do better tomorrow, I swear!


The student room carpet has a stripey pattern in browns with flecks of a grey-blue that matches the wall paint.  In the picture above, the baseboards haven't yet been installed (hence the unpainted edge where the wall & floor meet).


Here's another picture of the student room carpet in a different light.  (The to-be-installed baseboards are stacked on the left side of the room.) 


Terrible picture, I know!  The new hallway carpets are a dark chocolate brown.  


This week, the masons have been laying the brick on the exterior walls above the new sundeck and on the right side of the picture (west wall).


New wall built in the old chapter room.  Desks will be built on both sides of the wall to extend the basement study space.

2 comments:

  1. it is so neat to see how well everything is coming together. I can't wait to see everything in August at our meeting. You are doing a great job Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara. I can't wait for you to see it!

    ReplyDelete