Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beginning, Middle, (End)

I thought it would be fun to play a little game of "Before & After" with some of the pictures I took on the last day of school.  But since we're still mid-project, calling the construction photos "after" just isn't fair.  How about we call these the "middle" pics and we'll play a full game of "Beginning, Middle, End" sometime in August?

At the point I took the "beginning" photos, some furniture & decor had already been moved around, but basically the house looks like how it used to.   Honestly, I'm getting so used to seeing the house all torn up that the "beginning" pictures are kind of shocking.  I almost forgot how the house used to look... which, of course, is exactly why I took the "beginnings."  


Formal, Beginning. 
(That's Delt's Trike trophy displayed prominently in front of fireplace.  DG won Trike this year - Mom's proud of you, girls!)


Formal, Middle.


Library, Beginning.
(At this point, lots of lamps and decorative pieces had already been stashed in here.)


Library, Middle.
(New ceiling & painted bookshelves.)


Card Room, Beginning.


Card Room, Middle.
(Goodbye, window!)


Are you as excited as I to see the End?!

3 comments:

  1. The library looks awesome. I hope they are painting over the black in the formal and the card room. I know the peach was outdated, but the black is so harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have we told you lately how AWESOME you are?? Seriously...cannot thank you enough for all that you do, are doing, will do...I could go on and on! And you are especially on my good list (whatever that means) because I will NEED those "before" pictures for when the furniture is moved back in!! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I love that the library wood was painted. I like the look of natural wood, but in this case the white looks so much better. The black paint in the card room & formal are staying because the decor is staying the same. Many people like the black, and many do not... I think its just one of those "love it or hate it" things.

    Mamalouise, thanks for the kind words! It's nice to hear that. I have more pics to post in a minute. (P.S. I totally took those pictures for exactly that reason. Between the two of us, we should be able to figure out where it all goes!)

    ReplyDelete