Tuesday, July 28, 2009

DG was Framed!

In just a matter of days, the south addition has been completely framed. These pictures are completely stunning, but I'm sorry to tell those of you that can't be here that the photos just don't compare to the seeing it in person. It is amazing to stand on the third floor and watch as architectural drawings become a fully-realized structure. I never imagined that I would be so interested by how buildings are constructed, but I find it completely fascinating. I feel I missed my calling as a carpenter or architect....

This photo was taken on Sunday evening and shows the framing of the new walls & roof on the third floor.


This is the same area as in the photo above, halfway through the workday today (Tuesday).


Here you can see where the old structure meets the new. A portion of the old roof at the back of the existing house was removed so that the new roof on the addition will match the rest of the structure. (If you need a visual, see the first picture on the post "All in a Day's Work," which shows how the old roof was constructed at the back of the house.) The idea, though, is that the two roofs will meet seamlessly, which required some reworking of the angles on the old roof.


Student rooms & closets in the new second floor.


Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment