Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Framing Floor Two

Another day, another... floor? Yep! On Tuesday, framers completed the second floor of the south addition. And had it not been for today's rain, the third floor would have been completed by now.

But never fear! Despite the dreary day, worked continued at a furious pace inside the house. New flooring was laid and the cabinets in the kitchenette were being installed when I was there around 10:30 AM. I didn't take pictures of the inside because I didn't want to be in the way while all the guys were there. With so many different projects going on at once in a concentrated area, there's hardly enough room for the guys to work as it is. The last thing they need is nosy me & my camera wandering through their congested work zone (and trust me, these boys can get a little territorial. Tony, the construction superintendent, has his hands full with trying to coordinate the workflow on site - a total headache.).

I'll snap some interior pictures when I'm there after work hours. For now, I hope you'll be content with some exterior shots.


South addition almost completely framed.


View of both additions. As you can see, the worksite is a muddy mess! (Not a good day for sandals, as I learned when I had to climb into the house from this entrance.)


New meets Old.


New cement delivery ramp into the new kitchen door.


Interior framing (second floor, I think).

3 comments:

  1. How many girls will be able to live in once the construction is finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. Lewisville kitchen remodelling service

    ReplyDelete